9.14.2006

New Job Fuzziness

Recently, I have been moved to a different position within my company. We often have many *organizational changes* and folks get moved around. During this past org change, I fell into the *guess what, you're moving* category.
While in the big scheme of things, this was a good move, I am at the point now where I have the new job, what the heck am I doing fuzziness. You know, that feeling you first have when you move into a new job or group and you don't have a clue as to what you are doing. Fun times. Although I am invited to meetings, I sit there just trying to interpret the language in which everyone is speaking. I believe this language is known in the corporate world as Acronymish. Here's an example: I would like to have everyone's FB on the new GOPs DBR issued by CSA by COB today. Huh? Just as Tom Cruise had Renee Zellwegger at *hello*, my new team lost me at *GOPs*. Grand Ole Party? Gophers on PCP? I am amazed at the depth of the Acronymish language.
Additionally, as I have moved cubicles to be more strategically placed (how's that for generic business talk?) with my new team. Everyone on the team seems very nice. However, I am at that place where I am trying to fit in, trying to figure everyone out and just get the overall vibe of the team. How can one not feel a bit paranoid? Everyone is talking to everyone else BUT ME. Do they like me? Are they pissed that I took the place of someone they loved? Do they have a voodoo doll with my name on it? Why are they staring!?! Ok..I digress... anyway...
I am sure this will all pass and in a few weeks it will be old hat, however, I now sit all day reading documents that make no sense to me and try to decode this language my teammates are speaking. Thank goodness for this blog! :)

3 comments:

Irb said...

Welcome to the world of bloginess, Kimmy Agnes! Lord knows, my blog certainly got me through some dark and painful times (*cough* November 3, 2004 *cough*).

And man, I hate those acronyms. I'm working at Michaels right now, and they're really bad about taking an already established acronym and making it stand for something else. "Call the store back and have them reboot their ISP." Huh?

Anyway, I just linked to you, so perhaps the threes of people who read my page daily will now flock over here and peruse your musings ;-)

Kimmy753 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimmy753 said...

Irb..you're the bestest!