12.22.2006

Technical Moron - Tales of an IT Professional

So I'm trying to add links to my blog to display the blogs of others that I visit daily. Apparently, one has to be an html developer in order to do this on my particular blog page. What is sad, is I work in IT...albeit, I am not a developer, I do like to consider myself *somewhat* technically savvy. However, the blog has kicked my ass. Diminished me to levels of inadequacy. I am now questioning my very existence.

One would think that by clicking the link that says 'Edit Me', that a nice simple page would appear where you insert the URL for the link you would like to post. Not so much. It brings up the Help(less) page and goes on about how to edit the code. I've edited code before .. and this my friends..well..let's just say I'm either retarded (ok..this IS possible), or the code is a product of a disgruntled former Blogger developer.

So..dear friends and fellow bloggers...I want you to know I attempted to add your blog link onto my page, but failed. I think I'm going to go enroll in a computer science course.

By the way...Merry Christmas to all of y'all!! (Hey..I'm from Texas where we always say 'y'all'!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it ain't easy. Let me tell you. I'm a freelance web designer and struggled with it. You're best off just linking to the "Google News."

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Kimmy753 said...

That makes me feel better Vicki...I should probably ask my 11 year old stepkid. He could probably figure it out in 3 seconds (grumble). :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!