1.10.2007

We Call Him...Spot

I hate medical scares. It seems I've had more than my share lately. The latest is my pancreas. After having a CT Scan recently, it showed a 'prominent area of concern' on my pancreas. Now, I've been a Type 1 diabetic for 30 years, so I'm a little sensitive when it comes to my pancreas. So...of course, my stupid girl emotions immediately thinks the worst..cancer. My endocrinologist said she hasn't seen anything like it. I should probably think..this is good...you'd think the pancreas doc would recognize an ugly cancer blob when she saw one, right?? Anyway...I'm not symptomatic of pancreatic cancer or anything, so a logical thought is..it isn't cancer. Again, I'm female and all logic goes out the window when it comes to matters such as this. The husband and I got tired of referring to it as 'the prominent area of concern'..so we just named it.. Spot. Sigh....

No comments: