1.12.2007

I'm With Teacher Lady

I am questioning why I'm teaching and shaking my head (Teacher Lady can be reached at sexedhighered.blogspot.com). Every semester, students have the option to fill out course evaluations. I can take criticism...really, I can.. and I usually use it constructively. However..this one really just floored me:

Final exam was a joke. It was assigned Monday Dec 11th (during finals week) - due on Thursday Dec 14th - and was a minimum 6-page paper to create - from the ground up - an elder care facility including business - marketing - FAB - and healthcare plans - plus discussion of location selection and facility parameters. The scope is basically all the subjects we covered in the semester. Totally ridiculous to do this during finals week and expect students to finish it in 3 days.


Can you BELIEVE the NERVE of me assigning a FINAL during finals week that covers the WHOLE semester??? I remember when I had to complete ten page handwritten exams in two hours for finals when I was in undergrad. Wow.. what a *joke* I am.

2 comments:

Teacher lady said...

Boy, do I hear ya there. "But that's SO many words to learn," was one of my favorites. Like you said - some nerve I have - making them LEARN words!

Anonymous said...

namely estrichmond systematic dots fdas speed novogali alarms aclause sanskar borrowers
lolikneri havaqatsu