2.07.2007

Kids Today Do WHAT?

I'm starting to sound like my grandparents, but I am truly amazed at the, well, stupidity of kids today. I hear the word on the street is the latest rages are *pharm* and *rainbow* parties. Have y'all heard of these? Lemme give you the 411 in case you haven't.

Pharm Party - Kids raid their parent's medicine cabinets and take whatever they can find to these parties. All of the pills are combined in one nice big bowl..like a punch bowl..how quaint..and then the partygoers take a handfull and swallow them down! Yep..not knowing what the (@*#* they are taking. Brilliant! What idiots. I mean seriously, what on EARTH possesses them to want to do that?? Whatever happened to just raiding your parent's wine or liquor stash?? Are booze not enough anymore??

Rainbow Party - The female partygoers don (or is it dawn?) various shades of lipstick. They then proceed to go to each guy in the room and, well, put their lipstick on the guy's dipstick. By the end of the night, the guys all have a lovely rainbow of lipstick on their members. Beautiful!!!!!! It is nice to know today's young ladies (cough) have enough pride and self-respect to participate in these events. Makes me proud...not.

5 comments:

Shawnee said...

Ew. Just . . . ew. I don't know which is more disturbing.

Kimmy753 said...

Isn't it just gross??

SJ said...

Hey, thanks for the link. I see you also link to our friend Irb's blog. My god, what happened to him? He fell in love and then--poof--he was gone. I miss Irb.

I will reciprocate with a link shortly.

Kimmy753 said...

I know SJ...I have hounded him and hounded him to begin blogging again, but to no avail. Sigh..she has him hooked. Thanks for the link! And hey..I'm happy to hear you're out and having a good time. You deserve it!!!
Hugs!

Susan said...

Back in our day it was called a "salad bowl" party. That was the early 80's. It seems everything comes back around every 20 year or so. Stupid yes. That's why I only BYO'd.

Luckily we never had any raindow party! Sure we may have left some lipstick on a dipstick, but not in front of each other and not several in one night. When 12 friends end up with the same looking herpes sore, do they call them Skittles?